Grand Tour Outline
The Grand tour combines three tours
- Tour 1: Las Vegas – Nevada Back Roads – Vancouver
- Tour 2: Alaska – Canadian Rockies – Northern Canada
- Tour 3: Western USA National Parks and Grand Canyon
For many, a motorhome trip through the USA and Canada is a once in a lifetime experience and naturally want to maximise their travel in the time available. This tour does that by combining three KTC Tours designed by Athol and Diane Greentree into one back to back tour.
Travel is by latest model motorhome with your choice of size from 25ft –30ft. Motorhomes are fully equipped with kitchen and living kits, GPS unit and CB Radio. The tour package includes motorhome rental, mileage, insurance (Excess applies), campground charges, USA National Park fees, entry into all must see attractions and some group meals. Tour pricing is on a land only basis with separate airfare pricing to/from Auckland or Sydney. Pricing from other centres is also available. This 70-day tour starts and ends in Las Vegas Nevada and travels approximately 10,000 miles. The information below gives a broad outline of the tour – More detail is in the respective tour brochures.
Las Vegas – Vancouver (10 Days – 1,700 miles)
The tour travels from Las Vegas through the back roads of Nevada and up to Vancouver Canada with side trips to Death Valley, Bonneville Salt Flats and Salt Lake City for the start of the Canada – Alaska tour. One night Las Vegas hotel accommodation is included with motorhome pick-up the foll-owing day.
Vancouver – Canadian Rockies – Alaska – Vancouver (37 Days – 5,550 miles)
The tour starts with a visit to the tourist hotspots of Banff and Jasper before joining the Alaska Highway and travelling through to Fairbanks, Alaska. Along the route, you can expect wild life encounters plus some fantastic scenery. Just out of Whitehorse in the Yukon, we divert for a full day best of the Alaskan inside passage cruise from Haines to Juneau and back. We dry camp in Denali National Park before taking a three-day break in Anchorage. From Anchorage, we travel the Top of the World Highway overnighting in the old mining town of Chicken, before crossing by ferry (No bridges in this part of the world) at Dawson City. Travel back to Vancouver is via the remote but very scenic Cassiar highway.
Western USA National Parks and Gran Canyon, Vancouver – Las Vegas (23 Days 2,550 miles)
For this tour, we cross the border and overnight at Ferndale Washington State. We start with a two-night stop at Leavenworth, a former railway town that has been restored as a Bavarian Village. Our first National Park is Glacier and the spectacular “Going to the Sun Road” Next are Yellowstone (Old Faithful) and The Grand Tetons, with time for wildlife viewing that could include bears, buffalo, deer and groundhogs. For a different travel experience we stop at some small USA towns on our way to Arches National Park, Monument Valley and the one on most bucket lists the Grand Canyon. We camp for two days in the National Park very close to the South Rim. Our last two parks are Bryce Canyon famous for its Hoodoos and Zion reached via the Mount Carmel tunnel, an experience not to be forgotten. Our tour ends with a one night stay back in Vegas.
Grand Tour Highlights
- Death Valley
- Bonneville Salt Flats
- Salt Lake City
- Best of the Inside Passage Day Cruise
- Denali National Park
- Top of the World and Alaskan Highways
- Fairbanks River Boat Cruise
- Yellow Stone National Park
- Grand Canyon
- Monument Valley
Grand Tour Inclusions
- One-night Las Vegas Hotel
- RV Park charges on full hook up sites (where available).
- Motorhome hire with 10,000 included miles
- Personal Kits and Vehicle insurance (bond required)
- Detailed trip notes with maps and driving instructions, GPS Unit, CB Radio.
- Group activities, meals/dinners as listed below
- Tour Leader Services
Included activities day tours and entrance fees:
- Chicken–Town Tour
- Dawson City – Entry Diamond Tooth Gerties
- Destruction Bay – Group Dinner
- Fairbanks – Sternwheeler Riverboat Cruise: includes visit to Indian Village, Sled Dogs, Float Plane Display and Lunch
- Welcome and Final Night – Drinks and finger food
- Leavenworth – Welcome function (Pizza and drinks).
- Spokane – Group dinner.
- West Glacier National Park – Travel Going to the Sun Road using park buses
- Yellowstone – View old faithful.
- Monument Valley – Reservation 4-wheel drive tour.
- Bryce Canyon Coach Tour to Rainbow Point & Group Dinner
- Las Vegas – Welcome and Farewell buffet dinner and drinks.
- Plus inclusions as detailed in tour 1 -3 brochures and not listed above
Not Included: Flights, Fuel, food or items of a personal nature, Canadian National Park Fees